AnimatedGradientView alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Graphics" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of AnimatedGradientView or a related project?
AnimatedGradientView is a UIView subclass which makes it simple to add animated gradients to your iOS app. It is written purely in Swift. Further documentation available as part of this blog post.
- [x] Easily create animated or static gradients.
- [x] Configurable gradient direction.
- [x] Use hex values, RGB values or names to specify colors (including color names specified in asset catalogs on iOS 11 or higher).
- [x] Supports animating between gradients with a varying number of colors.
- [x] Supports axial, radial and on iOS 12, conic gradients.
- [x] Auto-animate or animate manually using the
- [x] Loop animations with the
- Additional Software
Creating and adding a new
AnimatedGradientView as a subview is as simple as follows:
let animatedGradient = AnimatedGradientView(frame: view.bounds) animatedGradient.direction = .up animatedGradient.animationValues = [(colors: ["#2BC0E4", "#EAECC6"], .up, .axial), (colors: ["#833ab4", "#fd1d1d", "#fcb045"], .right, .axial), (colors: ["#003973", "#E5E5BE"], .down, .axial), (colors: ["#1E9600", "#FFF200", "#FF0000"], .left, .axial)] view.addSubview(animatedGradient)
You'll also need to remember to import the framework using
AnimatedGradientView is written in Swift 5.0 and is available on iOS 8.0 or higher.
gem install cocoapods
To install AnimatedGradientView using Cocoapods, simply add the following line to your Podfile:
Then run the command:
For more information see here.
Carthage is a dependency manager which produces a binary for manual integration into your project. It can be installed via Homebrew using the commands:
brew update brew install carthage
In order to integrate AnimatedGradientView into your project via Carthage, add the following line to your project's Cartfile:
From the macOS Terminal run
carthage update --platform iOS to build the framework then drag
AnimatedGradientView.framework into your Xcode project.
For more information see here.
Swift Package Manager
Swift Package Manager is a dependency manager built right into Xcode 11 and higher. From the File menu, add a new Swift Package dependency to your project and paste in this project's Git URL.
If all you need is a gradient without animation this is easily achieved by setting the
colors property to an array of
UIColor as follows:
let gradient = AnimatedGradientView(frame: view.bounds) gradient.colors = [[UIColor.blue, UIColor.red]] gradient.direction = .up view.addSubview(gradient)
colors property is actually an array of
UIColor arrays. If further
UIColor arrays are specified then animation will occur between them. Using the
direction property it also possible to define the direction of the gradient.
If it is more convenient to work with hex color strings rather than
UIColor then make use of the
colorStrings property instead as follows:
let gradient = AnimatedGradientView(frame: view.bounds) gradient.colorStrings = [["#3224AE", "#FF66FF"]] gradient.direction = .up view.addSubview(gradient)
AnimatedGradientView supports three types of gradients which can be set using the
let gradient = AnimatedGradientView(frame: view.bounds) gradient.autoAnimate = false gradient.colorStrings = [["#3224AE", "#FF66FF"]] gradient.type = .axial view.addSubview(gradient)
The three gradient types supported are:
This is your standard linear gradient blending between color stops from the start point to the end point.
The gradient appears to radiate outwards from the start point (at the center) towards the end point in a circular fashion blending between the color stops from the start point to end point as with a linear gradient.
This type of gradient is only available from iOS 12 onwards. It is similar to a radial gradient in that the start point represents the center of the circle and the end point represents a point on the outer edge. However, whilst a radial gradient blends between color stops from the start point to the end point (from the center to the outer edge), a conic gradient places the color stops along the outer edge of the circle blending between the color stops from 0 degrees to 360 degrees.
AnimatedGradientView is available under the MIT license. See the [LICENSE file](./LICENSE) for more info.
- AnimatedGradientView - Powerful gradient animations made simple for iOS.
- Cheats - Retro cheat codes for modern iOS apps.
- Connectivity - Improves on Reachability for determining Internet connectivity in your iOS application.
- FeatureFlags - Allows developers to configure feature flags, run multiple A/B or MVT tests using a bundled / remotely-hosted JSON configuration file.
- FlexibleRowHeightGridLayout - A UICollectionView grid layout designed to support Dynamic Type by allowing the height of each row to size to fit content.
- Hash - Lightweight means of generating message digests and HMACs using popular hash functions including MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256.
- Skylark - Fully Swift BDD testing framework for writing Cucumber scenarios using Gherkin syntax.
- TailorSwift - A collection of useful Swift Core Library / Foundation framework extensions.
- TypographyKit - Consistent & accessible visual styling on iOS with Dynamic Type support.
- Updates - Automatically detects app updates and gently prompts users to update.
- Clear DerivedData - Utility to quickly clear your DerivedData directory simply by typing
cddfrom the Terminal.
- Config Validator - Config Validator validates & uploads your configuration files and cache clears your CDN as part of your CI process.
- IPA Uploader - Uploads your apps to TestFlight & App Store.
- Palette - Makes your TypographyKit color palette available in Xcode Interface Builder.
|Config Validator||IPA Uploader||Palette|
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the AnimatedGradientView README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.