v4.2.0March 19, 2019
- 🛠 [FIXED]: Now using
Generatorin our definition of
Collections. This was renamed in Swift 3.0, and honestly I'm not positive how this was compiling the way it was.
- 🛠 [FIXED]: Now using
- 🛠 [FIXED]: Fixed compilation when building via Swift Package Manager
- 🆕 [NEW]: Swift Package Manager Support (Gordon Fontenot)
- 🆕 [NEW]: Re-introduced
Decoded.optionalwith better, simplified behavior (Tony DiPasquale)
- 🛠 [FIXED]: Use
NSNumbertransformation properties instead of casting to decode number values. This now prevents a crash that could occur with Swift 3.0.1 (Gordon Fontenot)
🚀 Official Swift 3.0 release!
- [NEW]: Now you can see all the decoding failures at once! Thanks @klaaspieter
- [Bug Fix]: Optional decoding now behaves as expected. Thanks @pteasima for finding this.
🚀 This release is a back-port of our support for enabling whole module optimization (currently supported on master, but unreleased), as well as support for Xcode 8 using Swift 2.3.
Argo 3.0 changed the way Booleans were decoded and in doing so, accidentally broke JSON parsing for APIs that didn't quite follow the JSON spec. Specifically, @jshier noted that it's moderately common for APIs to return
To address this, we've re-added the capability of Argo to recognize
Boolvalues represented in the JSON as numbers.
👍 The goal for Argo 3.0 was to work on simplifying some of the complexity by removing extraneous API and improving consistency between Argo and other libraries (including the Swift standard lib). In addition, we've added support for Swift 2.2.
💥 Breaking Changes
- ⚡️ Update to Swift 2.2 - Leo Mehlig
- ✂ Remove Optional versions of
<|operators - Gordon Fontenot
- 👌 Improve the API for root key decoding - Gordon Fontenot
- 📜 Use
JSON.parse- Gordon Fontenot
- ➕ Add a Boolean case to JSON - Gordon Fontenot
- ➕ Add alternative named instance method on Decoded - Dorian Scheidt
- ➕ Add leftwise flatMap operator for Decoded - Gordon Fontenot
- ➕ Add free functions for decoding collections - Gordon Fontenot
- ➕ Added parsing from String for decoding Int64 - Niels van Hoorn
- ⚡️ Update errors for RawRepresentable types. - Paul Young
- ✂ Remove
typeMismatchfunction - Dapeng Gao
- 👉 Use an autoclosure for the rhs of <|> - Gordon Fontenot
- Generalize the type for
sequencetaking a dict - Gordon Fontenot
- 📚 (hopefully) the entire public API now has inline documentation!
🚀 Huge thank you to everyone that submitted PRs, opened issues, and reviewed code for this release!