BEMSimpleLineGraph v3.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2014-08-19 // over 7 years ago
- 🗄 Separated the delegate into a delegate and a data source. This provides additional flexibility and brings BEMSimpleLineGraph even closer to UITableView and UICollectionView. Data source methods which were previously delegate methods are now marked as deprecated and unavailable. Implementing a data source method on the delegate will throw an exception.
- 🗄 Deprecated
lineColorForIndex:due to the nature of the new graph mechanics. There is no replacement for this method at this time and implementing it will have no effect.
- 🗄 Deprecated
lineAlphaForIndex:due to the nature of the new graph mechanics. There is no replacement for this method at this time and implementing it will have no effect.
🐎 Performance Improvements
🐎 The line graph is now drawn in a completely different way, using UIBezierPaths instead of multiple UIViews. The result is a ~90% improvement in performance and memory usage. This major change resolves #34. And here's a little chart for comparison:
Version 2.3 Version 3.0 120 MB memory usage at 100 points 6 MB memory usage at 100 points 25 data points stable maximum 250+ data points stable maximum Choppy Animation Smooth Animations
🆕 New Features
- ➕ Added labels and scaling features for the Y-Axis
- ➕ Added multiline X-Axis labels
- Optionally draw thin, translucent reference lines on the graph behind the main line
- ➕ Added optional axis frames to draw a thin, translucent border between the graph and the axis labels
- Popovers can now be displayed indefinitely
- Choose between three different graph animation options (draw, fade, or none)
- 🆕 New delegate method to provide optional suffix for pop-up points
🐛 Bug Fixes
- 🛠 Bezier corners are now buttery-smooth (Fixed #22)
- Error handling when drawing the graph without data points
🚀 There are no known issues in this release.