Braintree alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Payments" category.
Alternatively, view Braintree alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Braintree or a related project?
Braintree iOS SDK
Welcome to Braintree's iOS SDK. This library will help you accept card and alternative payments in your iOS app.
A new major version of the SDK is available in beta. See the v5 migration guide for details.
The Braintree iOS SDK requires Xcode 11+. It permits a Deployment Target of iOS 8.0 or higher.
Supported Payment Methods
Swift Package Manager (v5 Beta)
This feature is only available in v5.0.0-beta1.
To add the
Braintree package to your Xcode project, select File > Swift Packages > Add Package Dependency and enter
https://github.com/braintree/braintree_ios as the repository URL. Tick the checkboxes for the specific Braintree libraries you wish to include.
If you look at your app target, you will see that the Braintree libraries you chose are automatically linked as a frameworks to your app (see General > Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content).
In your app's source code files, use the following import syntax to include Braintree's libraries. For example:
import BraintreeCore import BraintreeCard import BraintreeApplePay import BraintreePayPal
The following Braintree libraries offer official Swift Package Manager support:
BraintreeDataCollector libraries do not currently support Swift Package Manager. These both rely on third party frameworks which we do not yet have in the
If you would like to use SPM as your sole package manager, you can manually include the
.xcframework versions of the
BraintreeDataCollector libraries. These are attached to recent GitHub releases as
In order to use the
BraintreeThreeDSecure.xcframework, you must manually include the
CardinalMobile.framework located in the
Frameworks dir. You must also include
BraintreePaymentFlow either via SPM or via manual integration.
Manually including a framework
- Drag and drop the framework from Finder into your Xcode project
- Select Copy items if needed
- Click Finish. The result should look like: [image](image_assets/include_frameworks_in_proj.png)
- Open your project's settings by selecting your app target in the General tab
- Under the Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content section, make sure each framework is set to “Embed & Sign” [image](image_assets/link_libraries.png)
- Go to the Build Phases tab. Under Link Binary With Libraries, make sure the frameworks are listed. This should be taken care of by step #2 above, but if not, add the frameworks manually via the
# Includes Cards and PayPal pod 'Braintree' # Optionally include additional Pods pod 'Braintree/DataCollector' pod 'Braintree/Venmo'
Note: If you are using version 4.x.x of the Braintree iOS SDK in Xcode 12, you may see the warning
The iOS Simulator deployment target is set to 8.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 14.0.99. This will not prevent your app from compiling. This is a CocoaPods issue with a known workaround.
github "braintree/braintree_ios" to your
Cartfile, and add the frameworks to your project.
Note: Long term support for Carthage is not guaranteed. Please update to SPM, if possible. Open a GitHub issue if there are concerns.
Start with 'Hello, Client!' for instructions on basic setup and usage.
Next, read the full documentation for information about integration options, such as Drop-In UI, PayPal, and credit card tokenization.
This SDK abides by our Client SDK Deprecation Policy. For more information on the potential statuses of an SDK check our developer docs.
|Major version number||Status||Released||Deprecated||Unsupported|
A demo app is included in the project. To run it, run
pod install and then open
Braintree.xcworkspace in Xcode.
We welcome PRs to this repo. See our [development doc](DEVELOPMENT.md).
The Braintree iOS SDK is in active development, we welcome your feedback!
Here are a few ways to get in touch:
- GitHub Issues - For generally applicable issues and feedback
- Braintree Support / [email protected] - for personal support at any phase of integration
- Read the headers
- Read the Braintree docs
- Check out the reference docs
- Find a bug? Open an issue
- Want to contribute? [Check out contributing guidelines](CONTRIBUTING.md) and submit a pull request.
The Braintree iOS SDK is open source and available under the MIT license. See the [LICENSE](LICENSE) file for more info.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Braintree README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.