DWURecyclingAlert alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Code Quality" category.
Alternatively, view DWURecyclingAlert alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of DWURecyclingAlert or a related project?
Your code usually has less than ten milliseconds to run before it causes a frame drop.1
Visualize Bad Drawings On The Fly
Injects 4 classes:
Monitors 6 time sensitive API calls:
Visualizes bad drawing code in 2 ways:
- Displays non-recycled UIView, CALayer and UIImage objects with bold red bolders.
- Displays the time it takes to complete each time sensitive API calls, in milliseconds.
Step 1: Drop [DWURecyclingAlert.m][code] into your project, Swift or ObjC.
Step 2: There's no step 2.
(Optionally) Using CocoaPods and manually start the injection:
Then manually start injection by running the following function anywhere in your project:
It's likely that your project happens to use lots of
[UIColor redColor] here and there. Or, maybe you want to localize the millisecond warning string with your team's first language. Take a look at the [UI Configuration][code_line_39] section and customize them the way you like.
How It Works
Method swizzling and associated objects. You could always read the [source][code].
Disabled in Release By Default
[DWURecyclingAlert.m][code] requires the DEBUG macro to compile and run. As a result, it's disabled in Release by default. If you also want to disable it in debug builds, comment out the [DWURecyclingAlertEnabled][code_line_23] macro at the top of the file.
- Whether your cell / header / footer are created by code or by nib/storyboard, [DWURecyclingAlert.m][code] has a way to scan it.
- It's perfectly normal for a cell to have multiple subviews that override
drawRect:, if that's the case, [DWURecyclingAlert.m][code] will calculate the sum for all the time it takes to go through each
- [DWURecyclingAlert.m][code] requires iOS 6 or higher to compile.
Inside this repo you can find the RecyclingAlert example project.
DWURecyclingAlert is released under the MIT license. See [LICENSE][license] for details.
1: Facebook AsyncDisplayKit Guide. (http://asyncdisplaykit.org/guide)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the DWURecyclingAlert README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.