EKAlgorithms alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Utility" category.
Alternatively, view EKAlgorithms alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of EKAlgorithms or a related project?
EKAlgorithms is a set of computer exercises implemented in Objective-C. Data structures, well known algorithms, CS curiosities, you name it!
Don't forget to watch the repository; Its content will be expanded and updated frequently.
Arrays and Lists
- Index of maximum element in array.
- Indexes of maximum and minimum elements simultaneously.
- Find longest string in array of strings.
- Find shortest string in array of strings.
- Array reverse.
- Intersection of two arrays.
- Union of two arrays (with remove duplicates).
- Union of two arrays (with remove duplicates) for some key.
- Find duplicates.
- Array with N unique/not unique random objects.
- Check if array is sorted.
- Array shuffle (Fisher-Yates).
- Sum of array elements.
- N of occurences of each element in array.
- Linear search.
- Binary search.
- Bubble sort.
- Shell sort.
- Merge sort.
- Quick sort.
- Insertion sort.
- Selection sort.
- Radix Sort.
- Partial selection sort.
- Heap sort.
- Palindrome or not.
- String reverse.
- Words count.
- Permutations of string.
- Occurrences of each character (a - z).
- Count "needles" in a "haystack".
- Random string.
- Concatenation of two strings.
- Find 1st occurrence of "needle" in a "haystack".
- Last occurrence of "needle" in a "haystack".
- Longest common subsequence.
- Levenshtein distance.
- KMP (Knuth–Morris–Pratt).
- Boyer–Moore string search algorithm.
- Sieve of Eratosthenes.
- Great common divisor (GCD).
- Least common multiple (LCM).
- Fibonacci numbers (5 algos).
- Sum of digits.
- Binary to decimal conversion.
- Decimal to binary conversion.
- Fast exponentiation.
- Number reverse.
- Even/odd check.
- Leap year check.
- Armstrong number check.
- Prime number check.
- Find Nth prime.
- Swap the value of two NSInteger pointers.
- Square root using Newton-Raphson method.
- Convert integer to another numeral system (2, 8, 12, 16).
- Fast inverse square root.
- Stack (LIFO).
- Queue (FIFO).
- Linked list.
- DFS (depth-first search);
- BFS (breadth-first search);
- MST (minimum spanning tree - Prim's algorithm);
- MST (minimum spanning tree - Kruskal's algorithm);
- Shortest path (Dijkstra's algorithm);
- Binary tree:
- Pre-order traversal;
- In-order traversal;
- Post-order traversal.
- Binary search tree (BST).
- AVL tree.
- Binary heap.
- Josephus Problem.
- Modulo bias.
- Array of sorted locations according to a distance to a given location.
- Cartesian quadrant selection algorithms
- Tower of Hanoi.
Pull requests are welcome! But if you want to do a contribution, open an issue first.
Originally, the compiled exercises are for educational purposes only and have no intention of being the ultimate solution complexity-wise, but they do intend to be used by you as a starting point of a deeper study on algorithms and their optimization.
The Foundation framework already includes tools and methods for most of the exercises contained here. Kudos to Apple on that! But... this. is. SPARTA! So lets get our hands dirty and try to implement cool CS stuff with minimal use of existing APIs.
algorithms playground for common questions (Ruby language)
Examples of commonly used data structures and algorithms in Swift. (Swift)
Algorithms and data structures in Swift, with explanations!
Special thanks to these guys for their contributions to the project's development: