JSQMessagesViewController alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Messaging" category
A drop-in UIViewController subclass with a growing text input view and other useful messaging features.
A SlackTextViewController replacement written in Swift for the iPhone X.
A smooth, responsive and flexible messages UI library for iOS.
Swift messaging chat app with Firebase Firestore integration.
OpenTok Text Chat Accelerator Pack enables text messages between mobile or browser-based devices.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of JSQMessagesViewController or a related project?
:warning: Deprecated :warning:
This library is deprecated. Please read my blog post for details.
More screenshots available at CocoaControls
See the website for the list of features.
- Closely mimic the iOS Messages style and behavior
- SOLID design
- Easy customization and extension for clients
- iOS 7.0+
# For latest release in cocoapods pod 'JSQMessagesViewController' # Latest on develop pod 'JSQMessagesViewController', :git => 'https://github.com/jessesquires/JSQMessagesViewController.git', :branch => 'develop' # For version 5.3.2 pod 'JSQMessagesViewController', :git => 'https://github.com/jessesquires/JSQMessagesViewController', :branch => 'version_5.3.2_patch'
See the Getting Started guide!
Questions & Help
- Review the FAQ.
- Search issues for previous and current questions. Do not open duplicates.
- StackOverflow is often the most appropriate place for questions and help. We have our own tag,
- See the Migration Guide for migrating between major versions of the library.
- Only ask questions that are specific to this library.
- Please avoid emailing questions. I prefer to keep questions and their answers open-source.
Please follow these sweet contribution guidelines.
Interested in becoming a core contributor with push access? See our onboarding guide for details.
- Created and maintained by @jesse_squires.
- Many thanks to the contributors of this project.
- iOS assets extracted using @0xced / iOS-Artwork-Extractor.
Apps using this library
JSQMessagesViewController is released under an MIT License. See
LICENSE for details.
Copyright © 2013-present Jesse Squires.
Please provide attribution, it is greatly appreciated.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the JSQMessagesViewController README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.