Messenger alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Messaging" category.
Alternatively, view Messenger alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.5 7.7 Messenger VS MessageKitA community-driven replacement for JSQMessagesViewController
9.3 8.0 L5 Messenger VS ChattoA lightweight framework to build chat applications, made in Swift
A SlackTextViewController replacement written in Swift for the iPhone X.
Messenger Clone - Real-time iOS Chat with Firebase Firestore written in Swift
OpenTok Text Chat Accelerator Pack enables text messages between mobile or browser-based devices.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Messenger or a related project?
This is a native iOS Messenger app, with realtime chat conversations (full offline support).
- Passcode support
- GraphQL server support
- Auth0 user authentication
- Amazon S3 file storage
- Private chat functionality
- Group chat functionality
- OneSignal Push notification
- Mute push notifications option
- Add/remove Friends
- Block/unblock Users
- User last active status
- Spotlight search for users
- Home screen quick actions
- Share media message content
- Sending text messages
- Sending picture messages
- Sending video messages
- Sending audio messages
- Sending current location
- Sending stickers
- Sending large emojis
- Forwarding message to User
- Message queue (creating new messages while offline)
- Delete read and unread messages
- Media file local cache
- Media message re-download option
- Media download network settings (Wi-Fi, Cellular or Manual)
- Cache settings for media messages (automatic/manual cleanup)
- Typing indicator
- Load earlier messages
- Message delivery receipt
- Message read receipt
- Arbitrary message sizes
- Send/Receive sound effects
- Copy and paste text messages
- Video length limit possibility
- Save picture messages to device
- Save video messages to device
- Save audio messages to device
- Realtime conversation view for ongoing chats
- Archived conversation view for archived chats
- All media view for chat media files
- Picture view for multiple pictures
- Map view for shared locations
- Basic Settings view included
- Basic Profile view for users
- Edit Profile view for changing user details
- Sign in with Email
- Sign up with Email
- Onboarding view on signup
- Terms of Service view
- Full source code is available
- No backend programming is needed
- Native and easy to customize user interface
- Supports native iOS Dark Mode
- Supported devices: iPhone SE - iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iOS 13.0+
pod install first (the CocoaPods Frameworks and Libraries are not included in the repo).
2., Setup your Auth0 account.
3., Setup your GraphQL backend.
4., Setup your Amazon S3 account.
5., Setup your OneSignal account.
5., Update all the credentials in
Copyright (c) 2021 Related Code
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Messenger README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.