Oriole alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Functional Programming" category.
Alternatively, view Oriole alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.7 0.8 Oriole VS Bow🏹 Bow is a cross-platform library for Typed Functional Programming in Swift
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Oriole or a related project?
Oriole is a set of protocol extensions that add useful helper methods to Swift collections. Oriole resembles libraries like Dollar and ExSwift (which in turn take inspiration from Lodash), but with some ideological differences:
- Oriole uses Swift 2.0's new protocol extensions to provide more natural APIs.
- Oriole strives to be as generic as possible. Most methods extend CollectionType. Oriole extends concrete collections like Array, Set, and Dictionary only if necessary.
- Oriole fills in gaps in the Swift standard library. If a method is trivially reproducible by methods in the standard library, it is not included.
- Oriole prefers to implement functional solutions to problems. However, if an imperative solution is elegant and significantly more performant, it will replace the functional solution.
Oriole is in its infancy, but is growing rapidly. I aim to add at least one new tested extension a day until the project is complete.
To run the example project, clone the repo, and run
pod install from the Example directory first.
This library is Swift 2.0 only due to its reliance on protocol extensions.
Oriole is available through CocoaPods. To install it, simply add the following line to your Podfile:
Tyler Thompson, [email protected]
Oriole is available under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for more info.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Oriole README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.