Migrate from 3.x
⬆️ 1. Support of Mantle 1.x has been dropped. Upgrade your models to Mantle 2.x before migrating to Overcoat 4.0. ⬆️ 2. Overcoat 4.x only works with AFNetworking 3.x, so you have to upgrade your networking manager to 3.x too. 👍 3. Support of
NSURLConnectionhas been dropped since AFNetwokring 3.x doesn't support it either.
- Overcoat 4.x is able to be integrated via Carthage.
✅ 5. Support to ReactiveCocoa 3.x/4.x has been tested. The podspec also accept those versions.
+[OVCHTTPSessionManager responseClass]has been deprecated. Use
+[OVCHTTPSessionManager responseClassesByResourcePath]instead. See default implementation of
OVCHTTPSessionManagerfor migration example. There would be a warning message shown via
NSLogfor ths. 👀 7.
+[OVCHTTPSessionManager errorModelClass]has been deprecated. Use
+[OVCHTTPSessionManager errorModelClassesByResourcePath]instead. See
OVCHTTPSessionManagerTests.mfor migration example. There would be a warning message shown via
- A new property named
rawResulthas been added into
OVCResponse. It's the raw JSON object/array returned from remote server.
OVCURLMatcheraccepts not only classes but also blocks for extra matching methods. (Like http request method and response status code) 👍 10. All methods in
PromiseKitsupport has added
- Overcoat 4.x is able to be integrated via Carthage. ✅ 5. Support to ReactiveCocoa 3.x/4.x has been tested. The podspec also accept those versions. 👀 6.
v4.0.0-beta.2March 05, 2016
v4.0.0-beta.1December 22, 2015
- 👌 Support Mantle 2.0. Pull Request #87 (@sodastsai)
- Refine project structure including reorganizing folders, use subspecs, and share common codes Pull Request #91 (commits) (@sodastsai, @ryanmaxwell)
- Refine the dependency to PromiseKit. Pull Request #85 (@mxcl)
- 🛠 Fix Core Data threading issue when saving objects Pull Request #76 (@nunofgs)
- ➕ Adding a Wildcard URL Matcher and Fix URL pattern matching for higher level paths Pull Request #94 Pull Request #55 (@brandons, @groomsy)
🚀 Summary of 3.0 release
- 👌 Support Mantle 2.0
- 👉 Use podspec to re-organize features. (Take
Socialsupport apart from
CoreDataclasses (for example,
Migrate from 2.x
👍 1. Mantle 2.x Support
By default, Overcoat 3.x installs Mantle 2.x as dependency. If you still have to stick with Mantle 1.x, then besides adding Overcoat, you have to specify this explicitly by:
pod 'Mantle', '~> 1.5'
2. Podspec change
The podspec has been changed, so you may have to change your
- if you just use AFNetworking and Mantle but don't use CoreData, you don't have to change anything. (but the version number)
ruby pod 'Overcoat', '~> 3.0'
- if you want to use Overcoat with CoreData ```ruby