Avg Release Cycle
330 days ago
🚀 Changes from v3.6.3
- Chrome Cast implementation of the CAF Sender (#301)
- PlayKitUtils 0.1.6 (#304)
- 🛠 Fixed crash upon going to the background in some cases. (#303)
- ➕ Added replay function to the player. (#306)
- ➕ Added
💥 Breaking Changes
- 🚚 Most subspecs were removed from the core repo into their own repos and pods
- 0️⃣ The PKPlugin protocol has a new static property which a default implementation is provided in the BasePlugin, and can be overwritten by plugins.
👀 See the details in the migration guide.
🚀 Changes from v3.6.1
- 🌲 Switched logging library to XCGLogger (from https://github.com/delba/Log) due to Xcode 10/Swift 4.2 incompatibility issues (#294)
- ⬇️ Reduced logs shown by default
- 🛠 Fixed excess calls to PlayerEngine.currentPosition (#295)
- TimeObserver: avoid calling currentTime if a player is not set (#296)
- 📈 Phoenix Analytics:
👍 From this version Swift 3 is not supported
🚀 Changes from v3.6.0
- 🛠 Fixes in PhoenixMediaProvider related to catchup and startover assets
- 📇 Rename SimpleOVPSessionProvider to SimpleSessionProvider because it's also used for OTT/Phoenix. Created an empty subclass with the old name to avoid breaking old code.
Minor Breaking Change
- 👍 The
PlaybackContextTypewere renamed to
.unset-- but an app shouldn't use them anyway (they only exist because Objective-C doesn't support optional enums, and an app would simply not specify that parameter if it's not relevant).