swift-badge alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Badge" category.
Alternatively, view swift-badge alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of swift-badge or a related project?
A badge control for iOS and tvOS written in Swift
- The badge is a subclass of UILabel view.
- It can be created and customized from the Storyboard or from the code.
There are various ways you can add BadgeSwift to your Xcode project.
Add source (iOS 7+)
Simply add BadgeSwift.swift file to your project.
Setup with Carthage (iOS 8+)
github "evgenyneu/swift-badge" ~> 8.0 to your Cartfile and run
Setup with CocoaPods (iOS 8+)
If you are using CocoaPods add this text to your Podfile and run
use_frameworks! target 'Your target name' pod 'BadgeSwift', '~> 8.0'
Setup with Swift Package Manager
- In Xcode 11+ select File > Packages > Add Package Dependency....
- Enter this project's URL: https://github.com/evgenyneu/swift-badge.git
Legacy Swift versions
Setup a previous version of the library if you use an older version of Swift.
Creating a badge in the Storyboard
- Drag a Label to your view.
- Set its
BadgeSwiftin identity inspector.
- Set the
BadgeSwift(unless you used the file setup method).
- Customize the badge properties in the attributes inspector (text, color and other).
- If storyboard does not show the badge correctly click Refresh All Views from the Editor menu.
Note: Carthage setup method does not allow to customize Cosmos view from the storyboard, please do it from code instead.
Creating a badge from the code
import BadgeSwift to your source code unless you used the file setup method.
let badge = BadgeSwift() view.addSubview(badge) // Position the badge ...
See example of how to create and position the badge from code in the demo app.
// Text badge.text = "2" // Insets badge.insets = CGSize(width: 12, height: 12) // Font badge.font = UIFont.preferredFont(forTextStyle: UIFontTextStyle.body) // Text color badge.textColor = UIColor.yellow // Badge color badge.badgeColor = UIColor.black // Shadow badge.shadowOpacityBadge = 0.5 badge.shadowOffsetBadge = CGSize(width: 0, height: 0) badge.shadowRadiusBadge = 1.0 badge.shadowColorBadge = UIColor.black // No shadow badge.shadowOpacityBadge = 0 // Border width and color badge.borderWidth = 5.0 badge.borderColor = UIColor.magenta // Customize the badge corner radius. // -1 if unspecified. When unspecified, the corner is fully rounded. Default: -1. badge.cornerRadius = 10
This project includes a demo app.
Here are some alternative badges for iOS.
Thanks to 👍
- amg1976 for adding a border and redesigning the drawing.
- gperdomor for adding ability to customize corner radius.
- acecilia for removing a warning when the badge is used in an extension.
BadgeSwift is released under the [MIT License](LICENSE).
Feedback is welcome
If you found a bug or want to improve the badge feel free to create an issue.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the swift-badge README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.