- ➕ Added: SwiftUI support (thanks @natemann, @regexident).
- ➕ Added: Apple TV 4K support (thanks @reez).
- ➕ Added: Mac Catalyst support (thanks @rjchatfield).
- ➕ Added: UIBezierPath, NSBezierPath, CGPath strategies (thanks @regexident).
- 👌 Improved: don't crash on empty images, instead produce error artifact (thanks @mackoj).
- 🐛 Bug fixed: trait collection now passed to view controller's recursive description strategy (thanks @erikpoort).
- 🐛 Bug fixed: will no longer crash on hidden/unloaded web views (thanks @stuaustin).
- 🐛 Bug fixed: don't re-add view controller to window when already added (thanks @hassfers).
- ✅ More test coverage (thanks @SatoTakeshiX, @sidepelican).
- ✏️ Typos fixed (thanks @freak4pc, @jstart).
- 🐧 Other improvements: timeout error messaging, installation instructions, troubleshooting instructions, Linux CI.
🚀 This release fixes a bug introduced in the Xcode 11.4 beta with SPM and Swift 5.2.
🚀 This minor release introduces backwards compatibility for SwiftPM Tools @ 5.0.
- 🆕 New snapshot strategy:
- 🐎 Performance improvement: don't diff during recording (#250)
- 📚 Documentation improvement: Xcode 11 installation instructions (#256)
- ✅ NSView rendering improvements (#260)
- 📚 Documentation improvement: SPM test dependency instructions (#265)
- ✅ cURL rendering improvements (#273)
- 🆕 New snapshot strategy:
What's changed since last time?
- ➕ Add device sizes for split view variants of iPads (#209)
- ➕ Add recording to inline snapshotting (#212)
- ✅ Sort cURL strategy headers (#214)
- ➕ Add iOS minimum required deployment target to Package.swift (#215)
- 👍 Allow dynamic size of views based on trait collection content sizes (#217)
- ✅ Disable bitcode (#221)
- 👌 Improve
_assertInlineSnapshotergonomics and tests (#231 and #232)
- ✅ Use
URL.init(fileURLWithPath:isDirectory:)to avoid file IO (#236)
- ✅ Speed up image diffing (#248)
- 👌 Improve image diff drawing performance (#249)
🚀 @rjchatfield has introduced (#199) a brand new way of snapshotting textual information, called "inline snapshot testing," which automatically inlines snapshots directly in your test file. The 1.5.0 release includes a preview of this functionality! You can use the
_assertInlineSnapshothelper to try it out. Thanks to @rjchatfield for the PR, and find out more here.
✅ Two new
URLRequestsnapshot strategies have been included. First, @Sherlouk has included a
curlsnapshotting strategy (#203), which snapshots your prepared requests in the cURL format. Also we now have a snapshot strategy for capturing a
URLRequestwith its body pretty printed, when possible (#157). This helps make
POSTrequests more easily inspectable in the reference file.
🚀 This release brings SnapshotTesting up to date with Swift 5!
- 🔧 A new view configuration for the 11" iPad Pro's resolution and safe area (#187).
- 🏗 A few
Diffinghave been relaxed to be
vars to make it easier to build strategies from existing ones (#189).
- ✅ The UIImage diff message has been generalized to read nicely while in record mode (#188).