WatchCon alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Other Hardware" category.
Alternatively, view WatchCon alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
DeviceKit9.2 4.1 L3 WatchCon VS DeviceKitDeviceKit is a value-type replacement of UIDevice.
Device7.9 0.0 L3 WatchCon VS DeviceLight weight tool for detecting the current device and screen size written in swift.
UIDeviceComplete4.9 4.9 WatchCon VS UIDeviceCompleteUIDevice extensions that fill in the missing pieces.
Luminous4.6 3.0 L4 WatchCon VS LuminousLuminous provides you a lot of information about the system and a lot of handy methods to quickly get useful data on the iOS platform.
TapticEngine3.9 0.0 WatchCon VS TapticEngineTapticEngine generates haptic feedback vibrations on iOS device.
WatchShaker3.6 0.0 L5 WatchCon VS WatchShakerSimple motion detector for ⌚️ (watchOS) shake gesture.
Appwrite - The Open Source Firebase alternative introduces iOS support
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of WatchCon or a related project?
WatchCon is a tool which enables creating easy connectivity between iOS and WatchOS
iOS 9.0+ / watchOS 2.0+
CocoaPods is a dependency manager for Cocoa projects. You can install it with the following command:
$ gem install cocoapods
To integrate WatchCon into your Xcode project using CocoaPods, specify it in your Podfile:
source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git' platform :ios, '9.0' use_frameworks! target '<Your Target Name>' do pod 'WatchCon', '1.0' end
Then, run the following command:
$ pod install
Carthage is a decentralized dependency manager that builds your dependencies and provides you with binary frameworks.
You can install Carthage with Homebrew using the following command:
brew update brew install carthage
To integrate WatchCon into your Xcode project using Carthage, specify it in your Cartfile:
github "abdullahselek/WatchCon" ~> 1.0
Run carthage update to build the framework and drag the built WatchCon.framework into your Xcode project.
Callbacks to give information about current processes
Called when the session has completed activation. With state WCSessionActivationStateNotActivated is succeed
- (void)activationDidCompleteWithState:(WCSessionActivationState)activationState error:(nullable NSError *)error __IOS_AVAILABLE(9.3) __WATCHOS_AVAILABLE(2.2);
Called when the session can no longer be used to modify or add any new transfers
- (void)sessionDidBecomeInactive:(WCSession *)session __IOS_AVAILABLE(9.3) __WATCHOS_UNAVAILABLE;
Called when all delegate callbacks for the previously selected watch has occurred
- (void)sessionDidDeactivate:(WCSession *)session __IOS_AVAILABLE(9.3) __WATCHOS_UNAVAILABLE;
Called when any of the Watch state properties change
- (void)sessionWatchStateDidChange:(WCSession *)session __WATCHOS_UNAVAILABLE;
Called when the reachable state of the counterpart app changes
- (void)sessionReachabilityDidChange:(WCSession *)session;
Called on the delegate of the receiver. Will be called on startup if an applicationContext is available
- (void)didReceiveApplicationContext:(NSDictionary<NSString *, id> *)applicationContext;
Will be called in receiver on startup if the user info finished transferring when the receiver was not running
- (void)didReceiveUserInfo:(NSDictionary<NSString *, id> *)userInfo;
Called on the sending side after the file transfer has successfully completed or failed with an error
- (void)didFinishFileTransfer:(WCSessionFileTransfer *)fileTransfer error:(nullable NSError *)error;
Will be called on startup if the file finished transferring when the receiver was not running
- (void)didReceiveFile:(WCSessionFile *)file;
Get WathCon instance
A way to transfer the latest state of an app
- (void)updateApplicationContext:(NSDictionary<NSString *, id> *)dictionary;
Transfers user info
- (void)transferUserInfo:(NSDictionary<NSString *, id> *)dictionary;
Transfer file on the given url
- (BOOL)transferFile:(NSURL *)url metadataDict:(nullable NSDictionary<NSString *, id> *)metadataDict;
Clients can use this method to send messages to the counterpart app
- (void)sendMessage:(NSDictionary<NSString *, id> *)message completionBlock:(void (^)(NSDictionary * _Nullable result, NSError * _Nullable error))completionBlock;
Clients can use this method to send message data
- (void)sendMessageData:(NSData *)messageData completionBlock:(void (^)(NSData * _Nullable result, NSError * _Nullable error))completionBlock;
MIT License Copyright (c) 2017 Abdullah Selek Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the WatchCon README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.