web3swift alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Blockchain" category.
Alternatively, view web3swift alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Elegant Web3js functionality in Swift. Native ABI parsing and smart contract interactions.
4.6 5.9 web3swift VS Bitcoin-Swift-KitComprehensive Bitcoin development library for iOS, implemented on Swift. SPV wallet implementation for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and Dash blockchains. Comprehensive Bitcoin development library for iOS, implemented on Swift. SPV wallet implementation for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and Dash blockchains. Fully compliant with existing standards and BIPs.
1.5 0.0 web3swift VS CoinpaprikaAPIThis library provides convenient way to use Coinpaprika.com API in Swift.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of web3swift or a related project?
You can ask for help in our Discord Channel
- Swift implementation of web3.js functionality :zap:
- Interaction with remote node via JSON RPC :thought_balloon:
- Smart-contract ABI parsing :book:
- Local keystore management (geth compatible)
- Private key and transaction were created directly on an iOS device and sent directly to Infura node
- Native API
- Security (as cool as a hard wallet! Right out-of-the-box! :box: )
- No unnecessary dependencies
- Possibility to work with all existing smart contracts
- Referencing the newest features introduced in Solidity
- Create Account
- Import Account
- Sign transactions
- Send transactions, call functions of smart-contracts, estimate gas costs
- Serialize and deserialize transactions and results to native Swift types
- Convenience functions for chain state: block number, gas price
- Check transaction results and get receipt
- Parse event logs for transaction
- Manage user's private keys through encrypted keystore abstractions
- Batched requests in concurrent mode, checks balances of 580 tokens (from the latest MyEtherWallet repo) over 3 seconds
- Literally following the standards:
Web3swift requires Swift 4.2 and deploys to
watchOS 2 and
tvOS 9 and
Don't forget to set the iOS version in a Podfile, otherwise you get an error if the deployment target is less than the latest SDK.
Swift Package Manager: Although the Package Manager is still in its infancy, web3swift provides full support for it. Add this to the dependency section of your
.package(url: "https://github.com/BANKEX/web3swift.git", from: "2.1.0")
CocoaPods: Put this in your
Carthage: Put this in your
github "BANKEX/web3swift" ~> 2.1
Most of the classes are documented and have some examples on how to use it.
We would appreciate it if you translate our documentation into another language, and will be happy to provide you with all the necessary information on how to do this. We will compensate you for translations that will be included in the master branch.
- Not every JSON RPC function is exposed yet, priority is given to the ones required for mobile devices
- Functionality was focused on serializing and signing transactions locally on the device to send raw transactions to Ethereum network
- Requirements for password input on every transaction are indeed a design decision. Interface designers can save user passwords with the user's consent
- Public function for private key export is exposed for user convenience, but marked as UNSAFE_ :) Normal workflow takes care of EIP155 compatibility and proper clearing of private key data from memory
For the latest version, please check develop branch.
Changes made to this branch will be merged into the master branch at some point.
- If you want to contribute, submit a pull request against a development
- If you found a bug, open an issue.
- If you have a feature request, open an issue.
Special thanks to
- Gnosis team and their library Bivrost-swift for inspiration for the ABI decoding approach
- Trust iOS Wallet for the collaboration and discussion of the initial idea
- Official Ethereum and Solidity docs, everything was written from ground truth standards