ZipArchive alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Files" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ZipArchive or a related project?
ZipArchive is a simple utility class for zipping and unzipping files on iOS, macOS and tvOS.
- Unzip zip files;
- Unzip password protected zip files;
- Unzip AES encrypted zip files;
- Create zip files;
- Create password protected zip files;
- Create AES encrypted zip files;
- Choose compression level;
- Zip-up NSData instances. (with a filename)
Installation and Setup
The main release branch is configured to support Objective-C and Swift 3+.
SSZipArchive works on Xcode 7-11 and above, iOS 9-13 and above, tvOS 9 and above, macOS 10.8-10.15 and above, watchOS 2 and above.
In your Podfile:
You should define your minimum deployment target explicitly, like:
platform :ios, '9.0'
Recommended CocoaPods version should be at least CocoaPods 1.7.5.
In your Cartfile:
- Add the
minizipfolders to your project.
- Add the
libiconvlibraries to your target.
- Add the
Securityframework to your target.
- Add the following GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS:
HAVE_INTTYPES_H HAVE_PKCRYPT HAVE_STDINT_H HAVE_WZAES HAVE_ZLIB $(inherited).
SSZipArchive requires ARC.
// Create [SSZipArchive createZipFileAtPath:zipPath withContentsOfDirectory:sampleDataPath]; // Unzip [SSZipArchive unzipFileAtPath:zipPath toDestination:unzipPath];
// Create SSZipArchive.createZipFileAtPath(zipPath, withContentsOfDirectory: sampleDataPath) // Unzip SSZipArchive.unzipFileAtPath(zipPath, toDestination: unzipPath)
- Big thanks to aish for creating ZipArchive. The project that inspired SSZipArchive.
- Thank you @soffes for the actual name of SSZipArchive.
- Thank you @randomsequence for implementing the creation support tech.
- Thank you @johnezang for all his amazing help along the way.
- Thank you @nmoinvaz for minizip, the core of ZipArchive.
- Thank you to all the contributors.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ZipArchive README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.