NaughtyKeyboard alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Other Testing" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of NaughtyKeyboard or a related project?
The Big List of Naughty Strings is a list of strings which have a high probability of causing issues when used as user-input data.
I have put together these strings to create Naughty Keyboard – a very simple iOS app that gives you access to a custom keyboard to use these strings to test your application.
Clone the app, run it from Xcode then activate the keyboard. I'm pretty sure Apple wouldn't allow me to put this on the App Store.
This project comes with a syncing mechanism to be able to be up-to-date with the latest strings from the Big List of Naughty Strings.
The way this project is structured is by using
App Groups and sharing the
UserDefaults instance across the extension and the main app as well as the synced file with the naughty strings.
In order to do this there's a couple of things that need to be done before compiling and running the project:
- Set the project’s bundle identifier prefix.
- Select your development team.
- Create provisioning profiles.
1. Set the Project’s Bundle Identifier Prefix
NaughtyStrings project -> Build Settings and change the
User Defined value
NAUGHTYSTRINGS_BUNDLE_PREFIX to a globally unique reverse DNS string for your own
2. Select Your Development Team
Select your paid iOS Developer Program account as the development team for each of the four targets below:
3. Create Provisioning Profiles
Create a provisioning profile for each of the three targets below:
Xcode helps you to create these provisioning profiles. First, select the
NaughtyStrings project in
Xcode's project navigator. Then, for each of the three targets listed above:
- Select the target in the Targets list.
- Select the General tab in the right-hand pane.
- In the Identity section, under the Team popup menu, click Fix Issue.
- Xcode will download a new provisioning profile for that target. (This process may take up to 30 seconds per target.)
The Big List of Naughty Strings (and this keyboard) is intended to be used for software you own and manage. Some of the Naughty Strings can indicate security vulnerabilies, and as a result using such strings with third-party software may be a crime. The maintainer is not responsible for any negative actions that result from the use of the list.
- Romain Pouclet (palleas)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the NaughtyKeyboard README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.