Paypal iOS SDK alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Official" category.
Alternatively, view Paypal iOS SDK alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.8 8.2 L3 Paypal iOS SDK VS FacebookUsed to integrate the Facebook Platform with your iOS & tvOS apps.
ResearchKit9.6 3.5 L1 Paypal iOS SDK VS ResearchKitResearchKit is an open source software framework that makes it easy to create apps for medical research or for other research projects.
CareKit8.8 2.1 L3 Paypal iOS SDK VS CareKitCareKit is an open source software framework for creating apps that help people better understand and manage their health.
AWS8.8 7.2 L1 Paypal iOS SDK VS AWSAWS SDK for iOS. For more information, see our web site:
1Password8.7 0.0 L4 Paypal iOS SDK VS 1Password1Password Extension for iOS Apps
Facebook Swift8.4 0.0 L5 Paypal iOS SDK VS Facebook SwiftIntegrate your iOS apps in Swift with Facebook Platform.
Shopify8.1 4.5 L4 Paypal iOS SDK VS ShopifyShopify’s Mobile Buy SDK makes it simple to sell physical products inside your mobile app. With a few lines of code, you can connect your app with the Shopify platform and let your users buy your products using Apple Pay or their credit card.
Zendesk7.4 0.0 L4 Paypal iOS SDK VS ZendeskZendesk Mobile SDK for iOS
Spotify6.7 0.0 L5 Paypal iOS SDK VS SpotifySpotify SDK for iOS
Tumblr6.2 0.0 L4 Paypal iOS SDK VS TumblrUnopinionated and flexible library for easily integrating Tumblr data into your iOS or OS X application.
Evernote5.4 4.3 L2 Paypal iOS SDK VS EvernoteEvernote Cloud SDK for iOS
Box5.0 0.0 L2 Paypal iOS SDK VS BoxiOS SDK for the Box Content API
4.9 0.0 L3 Paypal iOS SDK VS PocketHeadless iOS/Mac SDK for saving stuff to Pocket.
4.2 0.0 L4 Paypal iOS SDK VS PinterestPinterest iOS SDK
OneDrive4.2 0.0 L5 Paypal iOS SDK VS OneDriveOneDrive SDK for iOS
Dropbox3.8 0.0 L4 Paypal iOS SDK VS DropboxA demo app for the SwiftyDropbox SDK.
Azure3.8 0.0 Paypal iOS SDK VS AzureClient library for accessing Azure Storage on an iOS device
Primer0.8 0.0 Paypal iOS SDK VS PrimerPrimer iOS SDK.
Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics SDK for iOS
Fabric by TwitterFabric Twitter Kit for iOS.
PacketZoomPacketZoom SDK for iOS.
Adobe Creative SDKAdobe creative tools and Creative Cloud SDK.
Appwrite - The Open Source Firebase alternative introduces iOS support
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Paypal iOS SDK or a related project?
Important: PayPal Mobile SDKs are Deprecated. The APIs powering them will remain operational long enough for merchants to migrate, but the SDKs themselves will no longer be updated. Please use Braintree Direct in supported countries. In other countries, use Express Checkout and choose the Braintree SDK integration option.
PayPal iOS SDK
The PayPal iOS SDK makes it easy to add PayPal payments to mobile apps.
This documentation is available in Japanese: [日本語のドキュメント](docs/ja/README.md).
There are 4 static libraries that you should link when building your application.
libopencv_core.a', andlibopencv_imgproc.a` are required for all of the SDK functionality.
The current version of the PayPal iOS SDK was built using Xcode 8.3.2.
- Use Cases
- Add the SDK to Your Project
- International Support
- Next Steps
The SDK supports two use cases for making payments - Single Payment and Future Payments - and a third use case for obtaining information about the customer - Profile Sharing.
Receive a one-time payment from a customer's PayPal account. This can be either (1) an immediate payment which your servers should subsequently verify, or (2) an authorization for a payment which your servers must subsequently capture, or (3) a payment for an order which your servers must subsequently authorize and capture:
- [Accept a Single Payment](docs/single_payment.md) and receive back a proof of payment.
- On your server, Verify the Payment, Capture the Payment, or Process the Order (PayPal Developer site) using PayPal's API.
Note: Direct Credit Card (DCC) payments are now deprecated in this SDK. Please use Braintree Payments, a PayPal Company, which is the easiest way to accept PayPal, credit cards, and many other payment methods.
Your customer logs in to PayPal just one time and consents to future payments:
- [Obtain Customer Consent](docs/future_payments_mobile.md#obtain-customer-consent) to receive an authorization code.
- On your server, use this authorization code to [Obtain OAuth2 Tokens](docs/future_payments_server.md#obtain-oauth2-tokens).
Later, when that customer initiates a payment:
- [Obtain a Client Metadata ID](docs/future_payments_mobile.md#obtain-an-application-correlation-id) that you'll pass to your server.
- On your server, [Create a Payment](docs/future_payments_server.md#create-a-payment) using your OAuth2 tokens, the Client Metadata ID, and PayPal's API.
Your customer logs in to PayPal and consents to PayPal sharing information with you:
- [Obtain Customer Consent](docs/profile_sharing_mobile.md#obtain-customer-consent) to receive an authorization code.
- On your server, use this authorization code to [Obtain OAuth2 Tokens](docs/profile_sharing_server.md#obtain-oauth2-tokens).
- On your server, [Retrieve Customer Information](docs/profile_sharing_server.md#retrieve-customer-information) using your OAuth2 tokens and PayPal's API.
- Xcode 8 and iOS SDK 10
- iOS 7.0+ target deployment
- armv7, armv7s, and arm64 devices, and the simulator (not armv6)
- iPhone and iPad of all sizes and resolutions
Add the SDK to Your Project
If you use CocoaPods, then add these lines to your podfile:
platform :ios, '7.0' pod 'PayPal-iOS-SDK'
If you don't use CocoaPods, then:
- Clone or download the SDK, which consists of header files, license acknowledgements, release notes, and a static library. It also includes a sample app.
- As of version 2.17.0, the SDK requires Xcode 8 and iOS 10 SDK.
- Add the
PayPalMobiledirectory (containing several .h files and libPayPalMobile.a) to your Xcode project. We recommend checking "Copy items..." and selecting "Create groups...".
- In your project's Build Settings (in the
TARGETSsection, not the
Other Linker Flags
Enable Modules (C and Objective-C)
Link Frameworks Automatically
- In your project's Build Phases, link your project with these libraries. Weak linking for iOS versions back to 6.0 is supported.
With or without CocoaPods:
- Add the open source license acknowledgments from acknowledgments.md to your app's acknowledgments.
- In your app's Info.plist, add the following URL schemes to
Your mobile integration requires different
client_id values for each environment: Live and Test (Sandbox).
Your server integrations for verifying or creating payments will also require the corresponding
client_secret for each
You can obtain these PayPal API credentials by visiting the Applications page on the PayPal Developer site and logging in with your PayPal account.
Once logged in on this Applications page, you will be assigned test credentials, including Client ID, which will let you test your iOS integration against the PayPal Sandbox.
While testing your app, when logging in to PayPal in the SDK's UI you should use a personal Sandbox account email and password. I.e., not your Sandbox business credentials.
You can create both business and personal Sandbox accounts on the Sandbox accounts page.
To obtain your live credentials, you will need to have a business account. If you don't yet have a business account, there is a link at the bottom of that same Applications page that will get you started.
The SDK has built-in translations for many languages and locales. See the header files for a complete list.
The SDK supports multiple currencies. See the REST API country and currency documentation for a complete, up-to-date list.
If your app initiates a transaction with a currency that turns out to be unsupported for the user's selected payment type, then the SDK will display an error to the user and write a message to the console log.
During development and testing, set the environment to Sandbox or NoNetwork/Mock mode, to avoid moving real money around. See the header files for more information.
- These docs in the SDK, which include an overview of usage, step-by-step integration instructions, and sample code.
- The sample app included in this SDK.
- Header files are thoroughly documented; refer to them as needed for extra details about any given property or parameter.
- The PayPal Developer Docs, which cover error codes and server-side integration instructions.
When opening an issue, please include the environment (live or sandbox), SDK version, and a
PayPal-Debug-ID. The console log may have something like:
PayPal SDK: Request has failed with error: INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR - System error. Please try again later. (500) | PayPal Debug-ID: 463acd5lba23c [live, PayPal iOS SDK 2.14.1]
Additionally, information about the types of devices (iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5), iOS version, and any non-standard settings would be helpful to provide.
For merchant-specific issues, you should use the PayPal Merchant Technical Support site to open an issue.
Please do not post your client ID or secret in an issue.
User interface appearance and behavior is set within the library itself. For the sake of usability and user experience consistency, apps should not adjust appearance properties or attempt to modify the SDK's behavior beyond the documented methods in the provided headers.
Specifically, if you are using
UIAppearance to modify the appearance of any UI elements in your app, you should reverse those changes prior to presenting our viewcontroller, and set them again after dismissing the viewcontroller.
Depending on your use case, you can now:
- [Accept a single payment](docs/single_payment.md)
- [Obtain user consent](docs/future_payments_mobile.md) to [create future payments](docs/future_payments_server.md).
- [Obtain user consent](docs/profile_sharing_mobile.md) to [retrieve customer information](docs/profile_sharing_server.md).
Please read our [contributing guidelines](CONTRIBUTING.md) prior to submitting a Pull Request.
Please refer to this repo's [license file](LICENSE).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Paypal iOS SDK README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.