Pluralize.swift alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Text" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Pluralize.swift or a related project?
Great Swift String Pluralize Extension
- tons of rules for irregular nouns (plural form)
- supports uncountable nouns
- allows dynamic addition of rules
Read this post for more information.
import Pluralize "Person".pluralize() // People "Wolf".pluralize(count: 1) // Wolf "Person".pluralize(with: "Persons") // Persons
|Irregular Nouns||Always Singular in Form|
Adding Custom Rules: Singular = Plural
"Shrimp".pluralize() // Shrimps Pluralize.unchanging("shrimp") "Shrimp".pluralize() // Shrimp
Adding Custom Rules: Uncountable
"Water".pluralize() // Waters Pluralize.uncountable("water") "Water".pluralize() // Water
Adding Custom Rules: New Regex Rule
"Person".pluralize() // People Pluralize.rule("(p)erson$", with: "$1ersons") "Person".pluralize() // Persons "Spokesperson".pluralize() // Spokespersons
Example Regex Rules:
Pluralize.rule("(criteri|phenomen)on$", with:"$1a") Pluralize.rule("(potat|tomat|volcan)o$", with:"$1oes") Pluralize.rule("^(|wo|work)man$", with: "$1men") Pluralize.rule("(f)oot$", with: "$1eet") Pluralize.rule("lf$", with: "$1lves") Pluralize.rule("(t)ooth$", with: "$1eeth") Pluralize.rule("(g)oose$", with: "$1eese") Pluralize.rule("^(c)hild$", with: "$1hildren") Pluralize.rule("^(o)x$", with: "$1xen")
Adding Custom Rules: Whole Words
Pluralize.rule("were", with: "was")
in code then
- git clone https://github.com/joshualat/Pluralize.swift.git inside your project folder
- Drag the Pluralize.xcodeproj file into the file navigator of your project.
- Ensure that the deployment target of Pluralize.framework matches that of the application target.
- In your target’s Build Phases, add Pluralize to the Target Dependencies build phase.
- Add the appropriate Pluralize.framework product to the Link Binary With Libraries build phase.
- Add the same Pluralize.framework to a Copy Files build phase with a Frameworks destination.
Copyright (c) 2014 Joshua Arvin Lat
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Pluralize.swift README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.