SZMentions alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Text" category.
Alternatively, view SZMentions alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of SZMentions or a related project?
SZMentions is no longer being updated, please use SZMentionsSwift
SZMentions is a lightweight mentions library for iOS. This library was built to assist with the adding, removing and editing of a mention within a textview.
How To Get Started
- Download SZMentions and try out the iOS example app.
- If you need help, feel free to tweet @StevenZweier
- If you found a bug, have a feature request, or have a general question open an issue.
- If you want to contribute, submit a pull request.
Installation with CocoaPods
To integrate SZMentions into your Xcode project using CocoaPods, specify it in your
source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git' platform :ios, '8.0' pod 'SZMentions'
Then, run the following command:
$ pod install
|SZMentions Version||Minimum iOS Target|
Below is a quick run through of the objects used in this library but as always the best place to get an understanding of the current implementation of the SZMentions library is in the example code.
This class manages the mention interaction.
Use one of the many initializers to setup your mentions listener. Parameters explained below:
textView : required The text view we are applying the mentions listener to. Note: it's delegate must be the mentions manager.
mentionsManager : required The class that will be handling the mention interaction.
delegate : optional If you would like to receive UITextView delegate methods set this and it will be passed through after processing view the mentions listener.
defaultTextAttributes : Attributes (see:
SZAttribute) to apply to the textview for all text that is not a mention.
mentionTextAttributes : Attributes (see:
SZAttribute) to apply to the textview for all mentions
spaceAfterMention : optional Whether or not you would like a space to be added to the end of your mentions. Default is
trigger : The string used to start a mention. Default is
cooldownInterval : optional The amount of time to wait between calling showMentionsList. Default is
mentions : readonly Array of all mentions currently applied to the text view.
- (void)addMention:(NSObject<SZCreateMentionProtocol> *)mention; : Call this method while adding a mention to apply the mention to the current text.
This required properties for a mention being sent to the mentions listener
The require methods for handling mention interaction.
- (void)showMentionsListWithString:(NSString *)mentionString; lets the delegate know to show a mentions list as well as provides the current string typed into the textview, allowing for filtering of the mentions list.
- (void)hideMentionsList; lets the delegate know we are no longer typing in a mention.
This class is returned via the
mentions method, it includes the
range of the mention as well as
object containing the object sent to the mentions listener via the
This class is used to pass attributes to apply mentions text as well as regular text.
SZAttribute *attribute = [[SZAttribute alloc] initWithAttributeName:NSForegroundColorAttributeName attributeValue:[UIColor redColor]];
SZMentions includes unit tests which can be run on the SZMentions framework
SZMentions was originally created by Steven Zweier